Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Five 10/4

Another week, another [few] dollar[s]. I can't lie, payday Fridays are probably my favorite Fridays. Anticipating a day off and money? A few of my favorite things! Sign me up!

And now, my Friday thoughts. 

1. "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." Albert Camus
So, I'm not a ZOMGfall person at all. I haven't been counting down days until ermagerd PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE!! and pumpkin-fy all the things! But even though I'm a summer girl at heart, I had to snap a picture of the leaves changing colors at my school. Camus' quote above sums up the beauty of autumn. 

2. Los Gordos for dinner. Muy delicioso! I always love a good taqueria meal and Horchataaaaaa! 
Since I'm la gordita, I took a bite of the enchilada before remembering that I'm a blogger now and I should take a picture first, heh. (Pics or it didn't happen, that's the motto)

3. In case you were wondering, horchata >>>> Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Any day. 

4. Now that I'm getting into a groove with the schedule of my school, my kindergartener's school, and work for Michael and me, I finally made some time to get my run on.

I decided to start back at the beginning. Again. Patience, young grasshopper, I tell myself. Otherwise I'll end up overdoing it and stupidly injuring myself. Been there, have that t-shirt. 

I finished week one of the beginner 5k (but I'm going to call it base-building, k? Sounds less running-n00bish) in my Run Less, Run Faster book, and although the run segments were only a minute long (x4), the little bit of soreness I have indicates that it's probably the right level to begin again. Onwards to week 2!

5. Little miss J is amazing me with her progress every hour of every day. She's quickly approaching nine months, and she is desperately trying to learn to walk (in order to catch up with big brother, no doubt). She's becoming a kissing pro (okay, maybe she just smacks her lips together a lot after we give her kisses, but it's still darling) and she's clapping and high-fiving. Just growing up too darn fast!

Meanwhile, little man S is counting to 100 any time he can and asking how to spell everything. Pretty soon, Mike and I will be losing our "spell-things-out" secret code. We'll have to find another way to secretly communicate in front of the kids. 

Telepathy works, right? I sure hope so!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Way to lead with the most gorgeous tree picture ever :)
    Good luck with week number 2, you're going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, thanks! I did day 1 of week two today and it felt fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...