Sunday, October 27, 2013

10/21-10/27: The rundown

I figured it would be fun to start posting a brief summary of my running/workout week on Sundays... especially since I've decided I'm going to run the Shamrock'n Half-Marathon in Sacramento on March 16th! This is a big deal for me, because it's going to be my first half-marathon ever ever.

I had plans to run my first half back in 2011, but had to drop out when I got a new job (my current one) and had to work on race day. I couldn't really rearrange it, since I was such a newbie and on orientation. It was a bit of a bummer, especially since my training had been going swimmingly, but it makes me even more excited to FINALLY do it! I'm making a big step up to becoming a more legit runner ;)

So I've been using Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Half-Marathon plan as a guideline to start building my base miles up, and I've been doing a run/walk routine to ease back into it, which is why my average pace seems so darn slow (that 10 minute warm up/cool down walk kills it). I'm starting to pick up the pace though!

Monday-I rested. Well, kinda. We've got a teether around here, so there's not a lot of sleeping going on!
Tuesday-3.5 miles in 46:54 (13:24/mi average)
Wednesday-3.62 miles in 44:01 (12:09/mi average)- My outdoor run day! I <3 Wednesdays.
Thursday-3.5 miles in 44:25 (12:41/mi average)
Friday-maxing and relaxing (and acting all cool)
Saturday-run long 5 miles in 1:02 (12:24/mi average)
Sunday-walk on max incline for 40 minutes- made it 2.7 miles (14:48/mi average)

Next Saturday, I'm running the CASA Superhero Run. It's a 5k (My first 5k since 2011!), and (obviously) superhero themed, so I'm trying to scrounge up a costume.  I'd love to PR, which would be faster than 24:14, so it's probably not in the cards. A girl can dream though (and haul some rear end)!

I'm really excited for the race. My mom is going to go with me and watch little miss J as I race my little heart out, and then we're going to go for a walk. It's been a long time since we've walked the River Trail together :)

Here's to a fun week! School first thing in the AM. I should probably get my homework finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...