Saturday, July 13, 2013

When work and the interwebs collide

A little silly story from work today:

A coworker and I were talking about some supplies that were running low. Some backstory is necessary here: There's a gigantic storage room in the basement called "Materials," where almost every single necessary item for the entire hospital is stored. It's kept locked up outside of normal business hours, so if you need anything from there after hours, you have to have a key or your badge has to be coded for access. 

Anyway, it was outside of business hours (before hours?), so I was saying that we'd have to get access somehow, and he goes "Oh! I have a key that someone put in my locker one day!"

Without missing a beat, I say,

His reponse? Crickets. "What?"
*Sad trombone womp womp*

So not everyone is up to speed on their Internet memes. Awkward bummer. I tried to explain it and found this gem when googling for examples.
I was thinking it was a meme friendly workplace, since when I first started there, this was in the communal fridge.
Ignore the misspelling of thieves. I do.

2 comments:

  1. I have said internet memes aloud to non-internet people and I feel like the biggest idiot in the world when I do and they just give me a "wat" face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think I would learn. I read my audience wrong. He seems like he'd be a meme kinda guy, but no.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...