Monday, July 15, 2013

Friend-Making Monday

I'm participating in Friend-Making Monday at All the Weigh again! This week it's:

Foodie Questions 

1. Do you make grocery lists? Yes. I have to. If I don't, I always forget the one thing I needed. Plus, Mike is all about having a plan if he goes shopping (so he can get out as fast as possible, ha), so if I'm shopping with him, a list is a requirement.

2. Do you have a routine when shopping in your favorite grocery store? It depends on my shopping companions. If I'm by myself or with just the sleeping baby, I like to go down each aisle and look at all of the things, though I really shouldn't when I'm trying to avoid impulse buys. With the five-year-old, getting in and out is imperative, and with Mike and the kids, we'll split the list and tag-team it.
 
3. What is your favorite seasoning? My standby seasoning is a basic mix that I call the Three Amigos. It's just sea salt, pepper and garlic powder in equal proportions, but it works well with almost everything! I'm also very fond of this Spike seasoning that I bought from the natural foods store. It's a mix of 21? or so spices and it is particularly tasty on hard-boiled eggs.
I am.


4. What is the healthiest food in your fridge right now? Um, anything that is "real food," I guess? Fridge is kinda bare right now (but not that bare, if you catch my drift), so I'll have to say the few veggies I have left and my homemade Greek yogurt. And eggs.

5. What is the most unhealthy food in your fridge now? Trader Joe's version of Hershey's chocolate syrup (but it's slightly virtuous since it's organic and from TJ's, right?)

6. What is the most exotic produce you’ve ever had? Taro root (poi?) in Hawaii.

7. Tell us about your favorite local restaurant. I'm a big fan of Toyko Garden's sushi. Mmmm.

8. What kind of pasta do you prefer (regular, whole wheat, etc.?) I like the whole wheat spaghetti that I got at Costco.

9. If you could make one food calorie-free for an entire week, which food would you choose? All forms of chocolate and chocolate candy.
I'd be like this all week.

10. If you had to choose would you rather give up french fries or chocolate? I would kick french fries to the curb waaaaaay before I would ever give up chocolate. After working at In-N-Out for a long time, fries just don't have too much appeal.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...