Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Me

"Hey y'all! I haven't seen you since last year!"

That's my very favorite way to greet people on New Year's Day. I get some people chuckling and other people shaking their head. I'm okay with that.

I'm also a sucker for the fresh new start feel of a fledgling New Year.  Everything just feels so fresh and so clean clean, and this January is full of excitement.

Tomorrow, I am heading down south on an impromptu road trip with my brother and sister to San Diego to visit our grandparents. It's not for the happiest reason, but I'm very happy to have this opportunity to spend some time with them. I'm a little anxious about it because I'm leaving the baby overnight for the first time, but overall, I think it will be okay!

Then right after I get back, school starts up again for everyone, which means that I'm FINALLY IN NURSING SCHOOL!! So sorry, I had to use the Caps Lock shortcut for awesome because I am so so  grateful to finally be beginning nursing school. It's been in the works for a long time.

And as the end of January approaches, my little girl is going to have her very first birthday. I can't believe that it's already been a year! It seems like such a long time and also no time at all simultaneously. I need to start planning her party ASAP. I know it's going to be a small family shindig, so no stress. We just need a smash cake :)

So I've made about a billion New Year's Resolutions this year. I always want to be the best version of myself and never stop improving (like the Home Depot). In fact, I'm fulfilling one right now, since I'm taking the time to sit down and write whatever I feel like. Even though it's been a crazy crazy few days in the ER, I'm insisting on taking my breaks and having a little me time to write.

My timer just went off, so I'm headed back to the floor. Only a few more hours left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...