Thursday, November 28, 2013

Gobble gobble!

I am just in LOVE with how pumpkin cute this is.
I'm going to be completely original out here in Bloglandia (read: not at all) and wish all my fellow Americans a Happy Thanksgiving.

Everyone else is still asleep, and I am finishing up making my Jalapeno Popper Dip to take to my in-laws' house after I return from the annual 6 mile Turkey Trot.

Race-wise, I'm hoping to maybe make a slight PR because I think I'm around the same level as I was last time I ran it in 2011. My goal is to try and hold a 8:20 min/mile pace. Eep! Seems so pumpkin fast! (anyone else hear that amazingly funny AM/PM commercial? Mike and I have effectively found the best replacement modifier for the F-bomb)

To prep for my race, I ate my traditional PB+J, holiday-style. Dave's Killer Bread+PB+Pumpkin Butter. I also drank the best holiday coffee combination in the world!
 
Egg Nog Latte >>>>> Pumpkin Spice Latte. Forever and ever.
I am so thankful that this year I get to spend Thanksgiving at home and not at work. It's this little one's first Thanksgiving (this was taken when I was FaceTiming her on one of my breaks. She is puzzled and excuse the derp face on my part):
But WHY is my mommy IN the phone?
And although my little man is at his dad's for the holiday, I am so glad that I will be seeing him on Saturday!

Now it's time to get my Turkey Trot on. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...