Thursday, June 20, 2013

Recharge and refresh

Well, I didn't end up working yesterday after all. My baby girl, little miss J, has been fighting a cold for about a week now, and last night I took her into the ER because her fever spiked up and she was just miserable. Of course, once she was there she started acting more normal and charmed all my coworkers, but at least I got her checked out for my peace of mind.

We didn't get discharged until I was supposed to start my shift, and so my charge nurse told me to take the day off for kin care. Thank goodness, because I didn't really feel up to working and leaving the baby sick at home (although she would have been with Daddy, sometimes only Mommy will do), plus I'd been up for most of the night.

Little miss J seems to be feeling better now, but I'm ready for this cold to leave her alone! I'm fighting my own bug too. It's very annoying, but we got to snuggle and nap for most of the day. Sometimes it's nice to recharge.

Off I go to work this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...