Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another day, another reason to drink coffee (or booze)


I wish I could make coffee that fancy
Mmm. Delicious coffee. Good thing it's Thirsty Thursday!

So. I was thinking it would be fun to do low-calorie, Weight Watchers-friendly drink reviews. I'm aiming to review both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, because although I'm not a big drinker, I do enjoy some booze from time to time.

Last night we went to a friend's house for a little impromptu cookout. Not only did I get to try the pineapple sausage that I've been thinking of buying at Costco (side note: why does pork pair so well with fruit?), but I also tried a Mike's Lite Cranberry Lemonade.


Now, Mike's Hard and I were inseparable pals in my college years. Well, not quite (I've never been that much of a lush), but since I'm (still) not a big beer fan and I hadn't yet discovered the wonders of hard apple cider, it was what I always would bring to BYOB parties.*

I haven't bought it in years, but when it was offered last night, nostalgia drove me to give the light version a shot.

Overall: not bad. I'd like to think my palate has become more refined since college, because it's not as great as I remember. The label notes that it's sweetened with Rebiana-A, another term for stevia, and it's definitely got that... stevia... taste. You know what I mean. But at 3 PointsPlus, it's not half bad!

*Sorry, would never touch that *shudder* Jungle Juice the frats would hand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...