Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Five 9/27

It's Friday, Friday. Gotta get down on Friday. Both my son and I are so thrilled to be nearly done with school for the week! It's been a doozy. I had a paper due and a test (that I just finished), plus work and phew! I guess kindergarten's been demanding also. We're ready to kick back tomorrow. 

This week's Friday Five is brought to you by one of the best chemicals in the world, caffeine. Besides my fiancé, it's been my best friend this week as I've been waking up at four am to get my ish done. 


And I love organic chemistry.


1. Trader Joe's bottled cold brew coffee has been a lifesaver this week when I've  needed a quick infusion of caffeine and I don't have time or patience for the pot to percolate. I know, making your own concentrate is stupid easy, but I don't always plan ahead.

2. My work participated in a fundraiser yesterday that they called #caffeinateforacause (though I'm unsure why, because I don't think it was promoted on Twitter and hashtags are pointless otherwise). Anyway. I bought Dutch Bros for a good cause. Like Snickers, it's guaranteed to satisfy. 

3. Chocolate covered espresso beans are a crunchy wonderful way to mix it up. I bought a bagful from the bulk bins at Winco for a pretty decent price!

4. Diet Dr Pepper and Diet Pepsi. So sorry, so not anti-artificial sweeteners. One of the EMS guys knows about my addiction and he usually gives me a can if he sees me at work. Yesterday, he gave me FOUR! Maybe I looked extra tired? Heh.

(looking for a good "I'm a Pepper" image turned up this retro ad:
Say what?!
Initial thought: Eww. Blech. ...But I might just have to give it a whirl sometime.)

5. My little moka is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets ever. If you've never seen one before, it is basically an inexpensive Italian stovetop espresso maker. It makes great strong coffee, plus I think it's kinda retro cute. I found out after I bought mine that my mother had one also... that she got as a wedding present. Cool in the Seventies, cool now.

Hurray for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...