Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Life lately.

So I'm a bad updater. My life is so ZOMGcrazybusy, yadda yadda, no one cares why I haven't updated. Anyway, here are some highlights.

Work related - I finally (finallyfinally!) got my phlebotomy certification in the mail. My teacher was not exaggerating when he said the state takes forever. Anyway, I'm thrilled to have the darn thing finally in my hot little hands.

I had to cut short my run yesterday because of a terrible tragedy. We went to Costco the day before, and Mike picked up a bottle of Jack Daniels (he loves it. I don't get it. I think it tastes awful). I put it in the freezer to chill and we forgot about it. Yesterday morning, before dawn, I was running on the treadmill in the garage while Mike and the kids slept. All of a sudden, Mike pokes his head in, saying something that I can't hear over the roar of the belt.
I stopped the 'mill. "What?!?! Are the kids awake?"
"The freezer is open and the bottle is broken."
#@*@%&! $40 Costco-sized bottle (so like, a liter and a half-ish?) fell out and shattered everywhere. RIP Jack Daniels. You will be mourned.*

Today, J made her first trip to the DMV with me. Our DMV is awful. I'm not sure if all DMVs are similar, but this one is filled with an air of despair and neglect. People were fighting over whether or not someone cut in line, and the poor employee was trying to placate them by saying that she "babysits" her line, so no one "cutsies." Thank goodness I made an appointment so the errand was mercifully brief.

Tomorrow is my Monday. I'm leaving for Albuquerque for my BFF's wedding in a week, and so I'm working three days, one day off, then working another three shifts so I don't have to use any vacation time. Gots to get paid, yo. I didn't correctly guess the number of molecules in Leonard Nimoy's butt, so no free first class one-way ticket. (sorry, Weird Al's "Albuquerque" reference!)

This is so all over the place. Catch ya tomorrow!

*Mainly by Michael and our bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...