Time to get back into a posting habit, so here's five things about today.
1. Today was my only day completely off this week, and it worked out perfectly that it was Michael's day off too.
2. I bought my first roll of washi! (as pictured above) I've been seeing the cute patterned masking tape around for a bit, and I decided to finally buy a roll for funsies. I think I might get a few more rolls, because the kids (well, at least the six year old) seem to get a kick out of it too. This is just Duck Tape brand I found at Walmart, but I know some people get it from Etsy, eBay, and other places.
3. This little girl is sixteen months old today!
I can not believe she is already sixteen months. I was looking at pictures from her first birthday, and the difference in just four months is staggering!
4. We picked up The Nut Job from Redbox for family movie night. It's cute so far! This little guy is enjoying it at least, plus it has Will Arnett in it (GOB love for life).
5. So it looks like a group of coworkers are going to apply for entry to the Nike Women's Marathon, and I'm thinking I'm going to join them and apply for the half-marathon! I've been picking up my running mileage again since school ended (going from um... zero miles per week), and I should be in half marathon shape by October.
In the meantime, I'm running slow. Very slow. If I don't start seeing a lot of improvement soon, I'm definitely going to have to readjust my very ambitious goal time for my first half. Today's run was two miles at a blistering 10:23 min/mile pace. However, it was a recovery run, and I'm up to seventeen miles so far for the week. I've been using Hanson's Half-Marathon Method's "Just Finish" plan to gradually build up my mileage.
And there we go. Sitting down to actually blog, rather than surf the web, is the hardest part.