Thursday, May 8, 2014

I have a weird type of paralysis when it comes to blogging.

I have so many ideas and things I want to write about and then I stumble upon articles about the business of blogging and pictures and Pinterest and SEO and all that jazz and I feel... inadequate. I don't know how to grab attention and monetize and have my ish go viral, and so then I don't do anything.

All I want to do is write fun blurbs about stuff that interests me, like I used to back in the Dark Ages (read- late 1990s/early 2000s, when Blogger first came into existence) of the Internet. So I am.

I still can not get over how much FREE TIME I feel like I have during this school break. After a full semester of fitting in classes, clinicals, and homework around our family's schedules of work, school, and (trying to) maintain the household, subtracting all the school stuff leaves a gigantic amount of free-feeling time.

I spent the first week just enjoying ONLY having to go to work. All the rest of the time, I've been enjoying being able to spend time with my kids and my husband without having the nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I always need to be doing something school-related. It's been amazing.

Now, I'm systematically trying to reorganize the entire house and restart my running routine to prepare for a half-marathon in October, and I'm beginning to get bored and ready to go back to school and learn more nursing stuff.

C'est la vie? I always want what I can't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...