Saturday, August 24, 2013

Phew.

There's a reason I called myself Ms. Whirlwind, and it's because I always have something going on. I like to have a full life, and sometimes that means I'm running about like crazy and don't have a lot of time to be a netizen.*

So I last posted two and a half weeks ago. In that time, I've worked nine twelve-hour shifts, flown to Albuquerque and back, watched my best friend marry her love (and I caught the bouquet!), sent my son off to his first week of kindergarten, and registered myself for school. That's right, I'm going back to school! If all goes to plan, I should be starting nursing school in January, at long last. The baby also started crawling and climbing everywhere. She's growing up too fast!

I think I need about a hundred gold stars and a few Post-its telling me I'm beautiful to commemorate these achievements.

I plan to write a few posts about the ABQ trip. I definitely need to make another trip out there. I didn't have too much time to explore with all the wedding stuff, and I want to remedy that.

Today is the first day I've felt like I've had a little downtime. My son went to a baseball game with his dad, and I'm finally watching the episode of Clean House that is notorious around my workplace because it features a coworker and his family (he apparently really loves Beanie Babies!). I even dozed on the couch with the baby for a bit. I'm hoping to convince Michael to go to a Moonlight Madness fun run tonight at the dam. Sounds fun to me!

*It happened to be an answer in today's 7 Little Words puzzle. I remember it from early Internet lingo, so it amused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...